The UAE will host Expo 2020!
  • Arabic
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish
Supported by the UAE National Media Council

ADWEA, Sembcorp sign agreement for Dh 6.4 billion Fujairah power plant

posted on 08/07/2006: 1069 views



Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) and Singapore's Sembcorp has signed an agreement to develop the Dh6.4 billion Fujairah power and water plant project. The agreement was signed by Sheikh Dhiyab bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of ADEWA and Tang Kin Fei, Sembcorp's Chairman, President and CEO.



Under the terms of the agreement, Sembcrop will acquire 40 percent stake in the project while ADWEA will retain the remaining 60 percent stake. The project involves expansion of the existing 625 Megawatt power generation plant and the water desalination unit with a production capacity of 100 million gallon per day in Fujairah. The project company will add 225 Megawatt capacity to the existing power plant.



ADWEA has successfully pursued a privatisation programme which has so far attracted Dh40 billion worth of foreign investments. Tang Kin Fei said that Sembcorp was proud to become ADWEA's strategic partner in such a vital project. Commercial operation of the project is scheduled to begin in 2008. (Emirates News Agency, WAM)

RELATED ARTICLES

22 January 2015 DEWA increases percentage of renewables in energy mix targets
20 January 2015 Residential End Use of Water Project results revealed
20 January 2015 UAE and Qatar Ministers of Energy review projects and initiatives of DEWA and Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
15 January 2015 Etihad ESCO and DEWA sign Dh37 million Energy Savings Performance Contracts
10 January 2015 Dubai Electricity and Water Authority promotes WETEX 2015 in US